|India News Headline English|
• Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath asserted that all eligible persons in the state will be vaccinated against Covid and said a vaccine for those in the 12-18 age group is coming soon.
• SBI General Insurance will use drones to carry out surveys and assess damage caused by cyclone ''Yaas'' in parts of Odisha, West Bengal, and Jharkhand in a bid to speed up the claim settlement process for its customers affected by the natural disaster.
• The CPWD has decided to transplant 1,838 trees from the campus of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), which is proposed to be demolished for the construction of three new office buildings under the Central Vista redevelopment project.
• Four-time Gossaigaon MLA Majendra Narzary died due to post-COVID complications at a state-run hospital in Guwahati.
• A man in Uttar Pradesh's Bareilly on Wednesday accused police of hammering nails into his hand and foot for allegedly violating the Covid curfew, which was denied by a senior official who said the injuries were self-inflicted.
• Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma congratulated Dr. Jubilee Purkayastha, a scientist with the Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, for her outstanding contributions in the development of an anti-Covid drug.